Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tuesday in Florida/Ireland qustions

I'm not quite sure what a "Nor' Easter" is, a lot of rain and wind, but we have been having one for 2 days, and look like we are in for another day of it. Rain, lots of it, for 30 min, then sun and nice, repeat all day long.
Since I stayed up late to see football on Saturday night, took a long afternoon nap on Sunday, and again yesterday. Trying to get inspired to work on another quilty project, but nothing just yet. Cleaning out a closet, now that is a rainy day project.
I put up all the fall decorations, but the wind is blowing them down the street, and knocked over the bird bath. At least I don't have to run out and water the plants, as the drought of May-June is over.
Last night I caught 5 min, if the national news to see that Big Ben is back in working order. It is such a symbol of London. I loved walking along the river there in the evening and looking at it.
Doris-I see that you are teaching ESL. We have an active group here, but I'm no teacher. Lots of Brazalian people, our church is located next door to a Brazalian food market, evidently the only one in town. Do you have any sugestions on Ireland must sees? I think we will skip the Waterford factory, and DH doesn't want to kiss the Blarney stone. (Although I would like too it it's not too far out of the way). Did you go to Northern Ireland any?
We want small town with B & B's and lots of little shops to go into. DH is a people watcher, and he will leave the golf clubs at home. We will book our flight in about 2 weeks, going to break the bank and go first class so DH can have leg room. Evidently if a person books 11 months ahead they can get 2 found trip tickets for one. Not cheap, but not that much more than coach.

The leg is about healed up, not required to wear ther surgery stockings today. Yea!
Tonight is quilt guild meeting. Will hopefully get the post cards of our art show that will be Friday night.
Where are our posts from Vietnam, and other countries? Are NZ and Spain the only onnes who can get access to this new board?
Sara is squishy Florida

2 Comments:

At October 2, 2007 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - Hhhmmm.... flying first class...... a concept unknown to me. LOL! I'll email you re: Ireland.

 
At October 5, 2007 at 3:13 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Sara, what airline are you using to get the 2 tickets for the price of 1? Not that I will ever convince DH to fly again (he did all his flying in the Navy). Lavinia

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home