Tuesday, September 25, 2007

slow connections...

It takes an age for me to "get connected" , which is , sadly, a bit of a turn off for me as I run the very real risk of forgetting what it was that I wanted to comment on....

Not so this morning. Thank you Jane and Rosey for your posts. I was very interested to read all that you had to say. The pain of being close to those with mental problems is very real . Jane, you have taken the only path open to you. It was a sad day when the psychiatric services in the Western world decided that the best way to "treat" those with mental illness was to 'rehabilitate' them into society... It worked well for some but for the great majority it has brought about untold hardship, pain and, some cases, degradation, not just for the patient but for the family and friends too.

Spring has sprung down here and I have been busy in the garden. My enthusiasm won't last but I always enjoy the first few sessions in the garden and the joy of seeing the plants revive and the promise of summer flowers...

DH and I have been busy working out how to visit Israel next March, when we are due for a return trip to Scotland. We thought it would be easy to stop off there but, not so. Seems a better idea to go to Scotland first and then take a trip from there. I've always wanted to visit. It's a fascinating country with a rich historical, religious and political history. Any tips from any of you who have been there would be welcome..

Enjoy the day.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home