Thursday, September 27, 2007

Aneita Renfroe

Doris:
That is from her video, she is a "speaker" on the Women for Christ" circuit. Still having trouble with the "c" key and others on this little bitty laptop.
Anna in Spain- What you are going through is what is being talked about as "Hillary Care" here in the USA. Universal health care. Only Hillary doesn't know it's universal bad health care. The lowest common denominator for all. OK, no flames please.
Worked on a baby quilt this morning. Will try to use to fleece on one tonight. I'm going to try to get a few made to keep on hand. After all I have all that fabric well aged in the drawers.
"It makes me happy" is the only reason I need.
If anyone out there listens to country music, I just heard Leanne Rimes' newest--nothing better to do. Very catchy.
Will have to buy the CD when it hits the stores. I think next week, Yikes--it's almost October.
Sara in Fla.

2 Comments:

At September 28, 2007 at 3:11 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

FYI. Did you read Hillary's new plan for health care? It is insurance industry based not universal care. I'm not saying it's good or bad, just that it's not the same as presented nearly 16 years ago so do read for yourself.

 
At September 29, 2007 at 2:13 AM , Blogger anna in spain said...

Having lived under both systems, I am glad now to be in a place that offers free health care for the silent poor, while those with money can pay for private care if they so choose. Private care IS available, just expensive. But no one has to mortgage their home here to pay for medicine and treatment.

I know that you've probably never experienced nationalised healthcare so I just want to reassure you that one doctor with a bad attitude doesn't invalidate a system where even the poorest have access to free healthcare, whether it be medication (with a state prescription you pay only 10% of the marked price, and for pensioners it's FREE--no matter what it is) or the most advanced surgery.

I once had severe food poisoning and a doctor made a housecall at 3 AM because my body temp had dropped to 95. I don't think this would happen in a pay-only system.

I was raised in the States, and have lived here for 25 yrs, so I have a better basis for comparison, perhaps. From what I see on the US news via satellite, someone had better do something for all the thousands who simply can't afford private health insurance.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home