Monday, October 1, 2007

Ah, fall . . . . and ragweed .... etc.

We finally are having some autumn-like weather here. We had a beautiful weekend with low humidity and highs in the 80s. There is a bumper crop of ragweed this year. Ugh..... Half the population is feeling the effects, including myself. My allergies take on flu-like symptoms.(Boooooo! Hissssssss!) I hope all y'all are faring better.

I bought a new sewing machine with embroidery module and have been learning my way around the 'broidery part. Some of the designs that came with it are Maple Leaves in fall colors. I'm really excited, because now I'll finish the quilt top from the friendship blocks we exchanged at Rosey's Retreat, and I can embellish it with the embroidered leaves! DH is excited over this new toy also, and keeps asking me when will I know how to add some lettering to a golf shirt. LOL Not a problem, since he approved the purchase.

I've got the Auburn University wall quilt top finished, which I will complete and give to DS for Xmas. It's hard to believe it's less than 90 days awaaaaayyyyy......

Welp, I'm off to teach the ESL class at Adult Ed. today. School has begun again and so has my volunteer work.

Hugs to everyone,

Doris W. in TN

1 Comments:

At October 5, 2007 at 3:14 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Which embroidery machine did you get, Doris?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home