Friday, October 5, 2007

Congrats, Grace...not startling news...great news!

Sorry that I won't be heading up to your retreat next September. God-willing I'll be heavily into a week at Wit's End Horse Trials but I hope that I may see someone on her way through from the west and who knows, maybe someone from the east may backtrack up here too.

Such a funny thing happened last night that I'm still chuckling over. The phone rang last night and I took it on the upstairs telephone, which doesn't work well at the best of times. A minute or so into the call, the phone downstairs was picked up and I couldn't hear at all on the upstairs phone for the static. I yelled into the phone as I couldn't hear the person at the other end; finally gave up and hung up. Came downstairs to relate the problem to Jock who said that his computer had voices coming from it. I pointed out that we had a separate phone line and a separate computer line...impossible for this to happen. But he was determined that he heard 'voices'...so I left it at that...feeling that maybe something weird was going on here and didn't say anything more. A short while later, looking for the portable phone and pressing the 'find-me' button, we could hear a muffled sound coming from the trousers that he'd been sitting on while at the computer (he'd taken them off to cut the wood outside in his shorts). Turns out he'd been sitting on the phone while I was talking. I couldn't stop laughing...the image of voices floating up from his bottom was too much.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home