Thursday, October 4, 2007

It is coming together

Me that is. Finally my team are pulling at the same speed and things are working out a little better. I feel as if I am reaching the goals that I am setting for myself. Not to complain but it sure has not been the best of summers, and we are not talking about the weather.

Yesterday morning driving in to town for some volunteer work I was looking around and I could almost feel natures anticipation for the next season.I know that sounds like a weird statement and who know I may be certifiable, but it was grand. The fields are empty, some of the trees are already bare and the rest are spreading all the glorious colour all around them. I do hope that we get the cold spell real soon so that we will have a nice period of weather yet before the snow starts to fall. Otherwise winter will be very long.

For those who mailed me back about having the Sept /08 retreat I hope to have some mail out by the weekend. Just some info and some questions. If there is anyone else who would like to join in my email addy
kuiken@nrtco.net will put you on the list.

Now for some startling news. We had a small quilt show here. It was the first one ever held and it was absolutely fantastic. The girl who put it on did a really grrrreat job.So far I have heard nothing but wonderful comments. Anyway since it was a first around here I never thought about it , so took 2 quilts and 2 wall hanging to put in the show. To make a long story short one of the quilts got two ribbons. It is a good thing I did not know about the judging because I never would have taken them. I have in no way been quilting long enough to even think about such an event. I was totally dumbstruck.

Now I better finish this rather long day and start over again tomorrow.
Take care all and hugs to all around.
Great to read all of you
Grace in Ont.

1 Comments:

At October 5, 2007 at 3:05 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Congratulations, Grace! Post a picture for us,please. Lavinia-TN

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home