Friday, October 12, 2007

Good morning !

We have been without the computer for a week , so I signed on this morning to catch up with the news.... and there isn't any...!! Where is everybody ? Busy with the autumn tidy- up in the Northern Hemisphere gardens or busy with Spring growth in the Southern Hemisphere ? Or, more likely, just "busy"...

We have had the kitchen/family living room painted this week.. It seemed to take forever. It's been a cold and wet week so we couldn't have the windows and doors open either. The smell hasn't been pleasant . All finished yesterday, but what a big job, replacing everything in the pantry and the kitchen cupboards !! It all looks nice and fresh. The big question now is what goes back up on the walls. I really did have too many photos around. With seven grandchildren it's hard to be selective...

The garden will 'take off ' after this rain. The ground is warm and you can almost hear things growing ! Last year I was fortunate enough to have a young woman help me out there. I hope she will come again this year.

We had very strong winds last w/end. Unfortunately we lost one of our large Eucalyptus trees. DH has been busy tidying that up , we do have a log burner here , so all is not lost.. !!

I've recently acquired a digital camera of my own ! As soon as I find out how to use it I shall be posting photos. I love to see them on the BB page and it's a great way to see something more of each others lives..

Haven't had much time for quilting but I've always got something "on the go", just for those moments when nothing else seems to fit the ' time- space' available ! I'm still working on the "garden "quilt, which has a lot of hand embroidered blocks as well as appliqued flowers... For a change of pace I machined together blocks for a baby quilt this week... Beatrix Potter fabric using the Disappearing- nine- patch . It went together like a dream !

Have a good w/end. The sun is out here today so it could be a good day to get out into the garden.

Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home