Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Where did my post go?

OK, I'll try this again.
The 90th birthday party for my Mom was a hit. About 40 people showed up in her little house. For about 2 hours it was global warming in there. Several neighbors brought her roses, as they knew she used to love to grow them.
We had cake and icecream, and took lots of pictures. One neighbor did her hair, and she looked more like 75 than 90.
The only glitch was DH coming down with food poision after eating crab cakes (we think that was the thing) It could have been the Mexican food we had on Sat. night.
On Tuesday AM I called the health dept. in the Daytona area, and we are waiting to hear. We had eaten at the seafood place many times before and never had a problem.
DH stayed on the couch all day on Monday, but we did kayaking on Fri. Sat. and Sun. mornings. One morning we saw a dolphin and a sea turtle in the intercoastal. The sea turtle was amazing, he was so big, I didn't know they went into brackish water, maybe he was lost.
This morning I got my hair cut, and a much needed Chiropracter adjustment. I must be 2 inches taller now. It had been Feb. since I'd had an adjustment.
My DD and I went to the NFL football game together on Sunday afternoon. It was lots of fun, but hot, hot, hot. Too bad our team lost. This was to make up for the 5 years of not being able to do things together since she was home schooling. The boys seem to be adjusting well. She is takiing a bit longer, but hopefully will adjust by the end of this week.
Another change. DH is working from home every morning now. That means I don't have access to the computer except in the afternoon.
I tried Rosey's receipe for pie crust this morning. It is "resting" in the fridge now, and will become pie tomorrow. The red hat ladies are coming over for a fall party.
There was more yesterday, but I've already had it deleated from my mind.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home