Sunday, September 2, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Rosey, I suspected the earlier reference to a big birthday was meant for you. I know that we are within months of the same age. I made such a big deal out of turning that corner that all my friends knew about it so ended up with a surprise party. We had a wonderful time and I felt truly loved.

The only other surprise party I've ever had given me was when I turned eighteen. The party was put on by my roommate and boyfriend (not the same person). It was in the basement rec room of the dorm at University of Michigan. The room was generously decorated with streamers of toilet paper with birthday wishes written thereon with lipstick. I cried. Sadly I threw pictures taken then away when I split with that boyfriend. What a terrible mistake that was.

Anyway, I hope you have a good day. You now have an excuse not to do anything you don't want to do. That is my mantra from now on. If it isn't fun then don't do it. No more committee chairs. Just tell me when to show up to help out.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home