Wednesday, August 29, 2007

checking in

THEA - I am very sad to read you lost your working dog. What a painful blow! I'm sending you prayers and hugs.

ON THE WEATHER FRONT - Our 100+ heat wave seems to have ended - we hope - and today we actually got 8/10 inch rain on top of the 4/10 we received Friday night. These are all very spotty, scattered and does not mean people 50 miles from here got any rain. We're all grateful for what we get. Of course it still feels awful outdoors but we've traded dry heat for awful high humidity. Aaarrrgh!

HUMMERS! In the meantime I currently have four hummingbird feeders out. I'm trying to help the poor little guys cope with the drought. Very few flowers have survived this summer's weather, especially petunias which they are fond of. I think these birds have text messaging or a newsletter or cell phones. I have so many hummers right now, I can't count them. I also think they're hooking up IVs because I'm having to fill one of the 8 oz. feeders twice a day now. Apparently it is their favorite although I have some more just like it. Go figure. They've apparently signed peace treaties in lieu of their wars over the feeder (hummers are territorial and protective of their food source) or else they've got the whole dang family in on the Big Feed. ~ sigh ~

TOILE - I ordered some of the blue toile fabrics today online. After making my red & white toile I'm ready to make one in blue. I guess this is as close to a "series" quilt as I'll ever get. LOL I won't do a nine-patch, though. Maybe a log cabin...

Must go start food prep for supper. Tomorrow I spend the day in Shelbyville at the Walking Horse Celebration, visiting the parents of my dear long-time girlfriend. I go down every year on a day trip to visit with them. They're wonderful folks.

Hugs to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home