Sunday, August 26, 2007

The 'Sunday' Post

I'm trying to make a commitment to myself to post once a week but it is not as spontaneous as the old board when a 'click' would do it. I'm astounded at the amount of spam that is on the old board and the frustration exists in wondering why people would bother going to the trouble of doing this. It boggles my mind. Isn't there a better use of time?

Marion, those photos don't look real. They look like some advertisement for tourism. They are just magnificent. Imagine living so close to something that beautiful. Did New Zealand take your breath away coming from England? There is much beauty in England but of a different kind, I think. Glad you had a great trip.

Thea has posted to the other board and I'm hoping she will come over here to let us all know how she is. I often don't go to the other board because of limited time.

Another week past and guests from Belgium stayed with us for a few days...very energetic; they were here last year and use our B&B as their first and last night's stay in Canada to wherever else they are touring...this year, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Celia kindly provided some tourist info for them on NB and I have visited NS so was able to give them some information and B&B info there. They return Sept. 11th, to fly home on the 12th. This week-end I had my first rock climbers staying with me. This couple were going further north to climb rocks on the Bruce Penninsula. Two 'horse' moms filled out the complement of guests this past week-end and now I have a break of a week or so in-between bookings. It's been a fun season but hard work and I wonder every year if I have the energy for another but so far, so good, while I can manage it.

We've finally had some rain, not enough to stem the drought so there is a little more green in that dead grass outside. And this year I have not cleaned up my studio as I normally have with B&B guests coming in...my studio is off my dining room where they eat...so I haven't wanted to leave it messy. Seems my guests are interested in a quilt mess so that's a plus...shouldn't have bothered putting my quilting away before.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home