Sunday, August 19, 2007

Blessed with the view from my window

It is only 7:18 a.m. and nature's acitivities are much more preferable to me than hearing traffic and I feel very blessed by this. My little red squirrel has managed to find himself in my bird feeding station. We have a squirrel guard on the pole but have left an old wooden wagon wheel propped on the pole which will replace the present one. The raccoons have broken the old one which was rubber-rimmed and thus safe for tiny bird claws in winter. The new one has lost its rubber but will go up eventually, anyway. The wheel has now been removed. Like Goldilocks, he sampled all the bird feeders and had his breakfast. And the dark grey cat has walked out of the field next door and again, I'm hoping she has a home and wonder at this. She is well fed at the moment so I hope that I don't see her there in wintertime because domestic cats don't wander far from home in the deep snow; feral cats are used to foraging and wander where the food takes them.

I'm glad to hear that Linda is doing well and will look forward to her posting back on the chat board when her life has settled down enough to spend time on the computer. Being divorced with seven children is no easy task, financially or emotionally. I'm sure that it was not an easy decision for her but I'm glad to have met Curt and will always be appreciative of his sensitivity and help at a time when it was needed here during the retreat....not to mention the great support from my in-house crew, Jean, Celia (who has lost her password and can't get on the board), Doris, Stacie, Celia's daughter and I can't forget Maggie M.Mouse..... all, for bringing such laughter in the house when it was most needed.

The air has turned brisk now but still no rain. We have green grass over the septic bed and where Jock flushes the pool water and around the house where I water from the well, which I'm very cautious about although it's an 80 ft. well. The apples are ripening early and I will drive northward on our line to minister friend, Penny's home. She has a lovely orchard that I use every year to make applesauce and freeze for the winter.

Have two sets of guests to feed this morning so time is marching on.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home