Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tribute to Girl Friday who crosses the rainbow bridge

Just a note to say I lost my womans best friend yesterday. We had been working stock and then came down to the road from the yards. About to cross the road a tourist camper van appeared around the corner. Friday who was running beside the bike did not see or hear it, and as the farm bike swearved to the side and stopped, she ran right past and was killed by the vehicle.

To Girl Friday; A Border Collie,
working dog extradornaire, pet of never ending playfulness to two girls, breeder of awesome pups and and a womans best friend; always there to greet and guard me, companion of many miles out walking on the roads and farm. A dog with a temperment who impressed many whom she met with her great nature. A dog who loved to run and race the farm bike, a spirit of good humoured competitiveness who never sulked if beaten.

Go chase the rabbits in heaven all you like Friday girl, your working days are over. Enjoy your sleeps in the sun undisturbed and and help keep those pesky possums out of the fruit trees in paradise. love you always, Mum.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At August 29, 2007 at 2:42 AM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Thea, I was so sorry to read of the accident which took your faithful off-sider from you. Thinking of you and the family as you deal with your loss. Hugs from Fran in Sth Aus.

 
At August 29, 2007 at 4:31 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Thea,that is so sad. I know what a strong relationship develops between working dogs and their owners. More sadness for you to cope with. You really have been having a very tough time lately. Big hugs from me too...
Marion.

 
At August 29, 2007 at 5:22 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Thea:
I'm so sorry for your loss of a woman's best friend. I've been there, and it's awful. With all the rest going on in your life, you have our prayers and hugs.
Sara in Fla.

 
At August 29, 2007 at 5:27 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

I am crying with you, Thea. My border collie was the best dog I ever had, too. Hugs. Lavinia-Tennessee

 
At August 29, 2007 at 6:47 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

This is so sad on top of everything else you are dealing with. I'm sending you hugs and prayers.

 
At August 29, 2007 at 7:12 AM , Blogger anna in spain said...

I am so sorry you lost your beloved furry. But having known such a friend you can say with confidence you know what "unconditonal love" really means.
We are with you in spirit and heart. Hugs for all the family.

 
At August 29, 2007 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Sandi Irish said...

Thea, I'm so sorry about you beloved pup. Hugs,
Sandi in mn

 
At August 29, 2007 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Mainequilta said...

Thea, I so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved dog. Know that a dog lover from Maine is saying prayers for you and your family.

 
At August 29, 2007 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your companion, Friday. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts.
Sending more and more hugz,
Mary in Oregon

 
At August 29, 2007 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

Thea, I am so terribly sorry. As a life long lover of Border Collies I know what kind of companion you have lost and I am weeping for you.

Jean

 
At August 29, 2007 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

Thea, please know that I, too, am so sad for you. It's like losing a member of the family and leaves a hole in your life. I still grieve for my Molly after she crossed the bridge two years ago and she was not a working dog by any means. You have been lucky to have such a wonderful companion both working and as a beloved family member.
Jane in NC

 
At August 30, 2007 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

My heart goes out to you, Thea.

Kathi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home