Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Jelly fish quilt

Good evening everyone. I was so sorry to hear of Thea's hard times that just keep on going. The loss of a loved dog is adding insult to injury.
While at the Daytona condo I worked some on a 9in. X 12in. quilt of a jelly fish. I took the picture about 2 years ago in the same area when there was a bunch of them washed on shore. This will be my first "art quilt" that will be for sale. I'm excited about it! On Oct. 5th there will be an art walk in St. Augustine, and the local quilt shop there is going to hang all our small quilts. I'll have to put a price on it, and sell it, but it was fun doing it. Just have to do the binding, and maybe sew a few shells onto the bottom of it.
I'm in charge of refreshments, maybe I'll bake some small pies and call them "Art Tarts". It worked for Paula Dean, why not me?
I met a GF tonight for pedicures. We were supposed to meet up at 6:00 PM by a local Winn Dixie grocery store, the shop was next door. She went to the wrong shopping center. Then went across the street where the store was 6 years ago! She finally made it about 30 min. late. I can get a lot of miles out of that one.
Not as bad as my brushing my teeth with Benedryl cream (which was next to the travel size Crest toothpaste) at 6:15 AM.
I seem to function better when I just go ahead and get up at 6:00 or so, and then take a nap later, when I can. Had been walking on the beach watching the sunrise, which isn't until about 7:00 AM. After 8:00AM it is blazing hot, so have to do something else.
After my trip to West Palm this weekend, I'll take a digital picture of the Jelly Fish quilt and attempt to post it.
I sent off the application and photo of the "Explosion of Color" quilt to the U. K. this morning. It only took me 30 min. to figure out the machine at the drug store on how to print 1 copy of something. Slow learner's class for me.
THEA-my 2 cents worth. It seems that you are trying to work 3 jobs. 1-wive and mother 2-nurse 3-farm hand. It doesn't suprise me that you are stressed.
Could you and DH give up the lease on the farm and move into a town? If not, have DH come up with something that HE thinks would work, as what he is doing now is obviously not working.
Since my hot flashes woke me at 5:00 AM, I'm going to crawl into bed and start reading a mystery book, take a Tylonol PM if I can find one in the house.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home