Thursday, June 21, 2007

this & that

Crockpots--I have a large one sitting on the kitchen counter. Borrowed it from a friend for the Bar-B-Q boneless ribs for Sunday night. I'll make the Brunswick stew in my smaller one. Plan to do my crockpot-ing on Saturday morning so they can cook all day. That is the food that is better after it sits in the fridge overnight.
The newer one that I have, after the old brown one died, cooks faster and with less control than the old one. "Low" and "High" are the only settings on mine. The other one had numbers from 1 to 9. However I like the oblong shape of the new one, and it fits into the dishwasher, a bonus. It has a glass top.
Adventures--We went kayaking again this past Saturday. This time in Blue Springs, a natural spring which is now a state park. Saturday is a busy day at a state park. The water is about 60, there were several divers there with their wet suits on, looking at the fish and the rock formations. The spring feeds into the river, which lots of boats, some good boaters, some not. We did see our first alligator! Fortunately he was small, only about 3 feet, and was busy up on a broken down dock eating a large fish.
Summer and the afternoon showers are now here. Yea! We need the water, but the 100% humidity really takes my breath away. I had the grands out to the local park for about an hour this afternoon as DD had a Dr's appt. She has another bladder infection. Poor thing seems to get at least one a year.
Not a very interesting post, but I did a deep cleaning of my sewing room yesterday. Oh, my! The dust. DH built a display shelf on two walls about 5 years ago, and I haven't dusted since. Took all the pictures and nick knacks down, pitched some, put the rest in a more pleasing order. A quick trip down memory lane.
Think I'll go fondle the fabric and plan my next project.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home