Monday, June 18, 2007

crockpots

Thanks for the comments re: crockpot lids. I wonder how Rival decided to make this one with the plastic lid. It must have been a WallyWorld one-off. Oh well, if it wears out, it wears out, and I'll get a new lid. I've started using it a little more often, for cooking navy and white beans. I think I need a smaller crockpot, though, since I'm cooking for just the two of us. This one is 3 or 4 quarts and it's heavy when I wash it.

The Irish Stew and Irish Soda bread came out quite well. My sister, who does not care for lamb, even liked it! The bread was a hit and now I have to send her that recipe. She's quite a good cook so if she likes it and my DH likes it, I know it's a keeper. And no yeast, no rising, just baking soda and voila!

Hugs to everyone,
Doris W. in TN

1 Comments:

At June 18, 2007 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Irish stew and Irish soda bread sound good to me. I've made a version of shepard's pie that calls for ground beef (hamburger meat)but never used lamb.
Could you post the receipe(s) here or send them to me at sashauer at comcast dot net ? Please and thank you.
Sara in sweltering Florida

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home