Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'll add my two cents worth about crockpots; I've worn out two of them over the years, and wouldn't trade mine for anything. Though now I only cook for one, the crockpot is still in use almost every weekend, especially in the winter months. In the summer, it means the oven isn't heating up the house, too. Beans, pot roast, a chicken and dressing casserole, a hamburger and potato casserole, or something along those lines, even meatloaf. I use a 5-quart with a removable crock and glass lid and I'll never go back to the nonremovable style - they are too hard to wash. I prefer the glass lid, although I've used a plastic one in the past. Using the larger size means I have all I want for that evening's meal plus one container for the freezer and one container that will make two days lunch during the following week. Sure makes packing lunch easier in the rush to get off to work in the morning; just grab a container from the fridge and its off to the races. Luckily, we do have refrigerators and microwaves at work.

Great to see Anna in Spain posting on the other board - she'll get here pretty soon. Y'all have a great day, now. Marie in Maryland

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home