Saturday, May 19, 2007

Saturday

Jane, what a lovely area. It makes me want to cry that I didn't go see your house in person when I was in your area. Enjoy Calloway gardens. That is one spot I want to see. Maybe in April when the azaleas are in bloom.
Lack of rain--yes, for almost 2 years. The So. Ga. / North Fla. area is about 16 inches short in rain fall and everything is dry. The big fire in Ga. started about 30 days ago when the wind knocked a tree down, which in turn hit a power poll. The other big fire was started by lightning.
Fun stuff--DH & I have been exploring new spots for the kayaks. A new store, Gander Mountain, opened up to be competition to Dick's. So, we take advantage of the experts and found maps to lots of creeks. We want to go again about 3:00 this afternoon. Yesterday we went to the Tomoka river and it was quite windy. Going against the wind took twice the effort as with the wind.
Must move the quilt squares off DH's pool table so he can shoot a few balls while I mess around here.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home