Thursday, May 17, 2007

Fires here too

I didn't know about the fires in N. J. but glad you are OK. We have had a smokey day here in No. Fla.
There may be a chance of rain tonight! Over 100,000 acres burned in Fla. and about the same in So. Ga. So far no homes destroyed or people killed, but a few new misses. One firefighter covered himself with the fire blanket when the fire jumped the line he was plowing with a big tractor. He had singed ears, but lived to tell about it.
DH has on a tear to try out our new kayaks. We went to a state park about 45 min. south of here yesterday afternoon and did about 2 hrs. of kayaking. Oh! Too much for my arms and neck. Woke up with a blazing muscle cramp in the neck about 4:00 but feeling OK now. My surf shoes smell like swamp water, yuck.
We ordered a digital camera, a Nikon Quick Pick, that should arive in about 2 weeks. Then I can try things out and maybe print somethin here.

This morning I went to the second meeting of the Fiber Artists group here. They are such a giving group, got lots of ideas. Not the least bit stuffy or anything that I was worried about. My mind is racing with all the things I want to do.
Glad Dorris is off to Ireland. Those back problems can be a bear on vacation. I hope she and her DH have a good time, and can give me lots of info. I have Rick Steve's book, as well as others.
Tonight I'm taking a big chicken/rice/coucous meal to a New Members dinner at our pastor's house. They are so sweet to have this every month, several people take turns cooking, and just show up with the meal. At least I don't have to clean my house.
OH! I hear rain and thunder. Will git off the 'puter.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home