Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday morning

Lovely hot air baloon picture. That is one thng I want to do before turning 60. Mybe for my next birthday I'll treat myself.
We have been testing kayaks for over 2 weeks, going out for test paddles, and looking. Finally bought 2 on Friday afternoon. Had been looking at double ones, but I decidd I wanted to paddle my own kayak, and that 2 10' ones would be easier to take in the truck bed than one 14' one. Yesterday afternoon went on a scouting mission to 2 county parks and 2 state parks nearby. Some nice areas near here that I didn't know existed! Two of them have boat launching areas that would be good to put in at. We plan to stick to the creeks and small parts of the rivers.
Saturday we went to a wedding, I either got food poision from the shrimp, or something else. Wound ut throwing up and having cold chills till about midnight on Sat. Slept in Sunday morning. Never got to see DD or the grands, so hopefully can do that tonight.
Sad news. One of my quilting friends (and fellow volunteer) husband's died suddenly on Saturday. He had been taking an experimental blood thinner, and it evidently caused internal bleeding that could not be stoped. I know she is in shock, but think she has a good case for a law suit in his case. She isn't the type to sue anybody however.
OK, going to actually walk this morning. Did lift weights 3 x last week, but no walking. The smoke from the fires has shut down parts of I-95, I-10 and other spots, and made the national news. The fires from GA. have spread to areas west of us, and we are all hoping for rain today. The other thing on today's list is the boob squish, and bone density testing. . . . . .Joy.
Sara in smokey Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home