Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Thank you!

Thank you for the kind words about the sewing room. I am, I must admit, rather pleased with it -- I relied heavily on the book "Dream Sewing Spaces" when I designed it, and I turned a deaf ear every time DH asked what it was costing for the custom cabinets. The bits that don't show in the picture are the glass 'garden' doors onto the deck and the walk in closet with floor to ceiling shelves. The cutting table folds up into a very small space -- although I don't recall ever closing it up -- and the desk with the machines can be moved if I want to set up a quilting frame or something. I put 900 watts of halogen lights in a row of commercial fixtures the length of the ceiling so it is very bright in there at night, too, as well as during daylight hours. It is a very user friendly room.

And yes, Sara, the picture was taken to celebrate the fact that the room got thoroughly cleaned just in time for me to host a meeting of my design group last Wednesday! It has been several years since it looked this good! Of course I am now promising myself to keep it like this... ;)

Jean, who won't be doing any sewing this week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home