Friday, May 11, 2007

Oops! I forgot!

The weekly weigh in did happen yesterday, but I forgot to check in here with the results. Having changed scales in mid diet, I am not entirely certain of the precise number (but next week I sure will be! ) but I believe it was a loss of just over a pound in the last week. Slow, but going in the right direction. And I am pleased to note that even though the weight is coming off very slowly, the inches continue to drop even when the weight is not changing much at all. The jeans I was so pleased to get into two weeks ago are now a bit loose...

We are finally getting seasonal weather, after one of the worst springs in living memory. I will be doing the roadside stand tomorrow, for the first time this year! Normally I start in March, but it has been just too darn cold and wet to want to be doing anything outside! I have all the cooking and baking done, I have the old farm truck out of storage and in the yard, I have the signs freshly touched up -- in a word, I am ready! I feel like an old war horse hearing the bugles! And I am rather pleased with myself, because I am this ready and organized despite the fact that DH is away and has not been available to help with any of the work around here this week. Hasn't left any time for sewing , though! The room is still clean! LOL

Kitten report! We have our first feral kittens in foster care. There are nine of them so far, about five weeks old, greys, blacks, a smoke with black points, and one very fluffy little torty. Pretty cute, I must say! And now that the kittens have been picked up, we can set traps for the mom cats and get them spayed before they do it again -- that is what "trap, neuter, and release" is all about. Now I just have to find more foster homes, having promised DH that I will do no more fostering until I find places for about half of the cats who presently live here... Hmmm... Maybe I will put a stack of our brochures on the stand tomorrow...

Jean, heading off to look for those brochures...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home