Thursday, May 31, 2007

Friday...

We've been without the computer for a few days this week and I feel quite out of touch !! Good to catch up with the news. Seems that the wild- life is causing a few problems !! Good luck with those raccoons Rosey !

It's official ! May was the warmest since records began, 150yrs ago. I thought it was special.

Jean, you are such an encouragement ! When you said you wanted to lose 20lbs , it sounded very ambitious ! Now you've very nearly done it. Well done. I think I also have you to thank for my smart new sewing table !! Such a surprise ! It was delivered to my door last week Seems that my DH saw one when we were away recently and ordered one, then and there ! All without me knowing ! I had my head down, looking at fabric at the time ofcourse ! I think he was motivated by the photo of your sewing room !!! I showed him the photo and even he could see that it was a great improvement on my 'set up' in the spare bd.rm..... (a sewing machine on top of an old tea trolley....) I know he would like to provide me with a nice sewing room but we do have lots of visitors, so I am reluctant to totally take over a room.... I do have the alternative of a windowless attic but, for obvious reasons, that really doesn't attract !! Most of my work is hand quilted and appliqued, so it's not really a problem. I do like my new sewing table though ! It's very smart and (fortunately) just what I would have chosen if I had thought to buy one myself (!)

Kathi, I loved the pretty photo. It really brightened up the page . I'll be looking forward to seeing colourful photos of the Northern Hemisphere gardens to help me through our winter ! There's not much colour in my garden at the moment but the spring bulbs are up already so that's encouraging. !!

Time to start my day. Enjoy your w/end.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home