Friday, April 6, 2007

Spring???


On Monday we had temps in the 80's. Here's a picture from yesterday when the high was 32. The snow melted today when it got to a whopping 35 degrees. Tonight's low is to be 11. I want spring back!!!


Kind of having a hard time with missing Mom on the first holiday. We went to church this evening, then went to the Dairy Queen for treats. Mom always treated us to DQ after church on Good Friday. We bought a blizzard and took it to the nursing home for Dad. He made quick work of it.


Sunday will be tough -- not having anywhere to go on my side of the family. I've decided to order out Dairy Queen and take it to Dad at the nursing home for supper.


I spent much of yesterday in my sewing room working on a quilt for my Aunt that did so much for Mom. My sister and I chose the "Sister's Choice" block.


Hugs & Happy Quilting!

Karen in KS

2 Comments:

At April 7, 2007 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Mary in KS said...

My sentiments exactly, Karen. We had the snow too, it just didn't stay on the ground. It got down to 18 degrees last night here. It's really hard to take after 85 degrees on Monday.
Mary in KS

 
At April 8, 2007 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

Karen, I know these days are so hard for you, sending you a big hug.
The holidays are the worst, be the memories they hold are a true blessing.
How is your Dad doing?
You must be a wonderful daughter!
Jill

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home