Wednesday, April 4, 2007

BLOODROOT

Raeann and anyone else who's interested there's an extremely informative article on www.smokymountainnews.com. In the left column with the links click on Mountain Voices and there you will see George Ellison's article of 3/28 that will answer all your questions and then some. He's the guy who taught me all I know about wild flowers. He knows where every species is blooming and when in about three counties. Interesting guy.

By the way, my prediction was right. I've been relishing the spring and bragging and we are now expecting night temps as low as 18 degrees Fahrenheit in the next few days. That might damage the strawberry and apple crops but I'm not sure if they've flowered yet.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home