Monday, April 2, 2007

Shadow...

Jane, the photographs are lovely. None more so, than the one of your happy Shadow, rolling around in the leaves ! Live for the day indeed ! What a message.

What a joy to be surrounded by so many wild flowers. They are beautiful. More photos please.

Rosey, I was interested to hear about the course you attended. I don't think we have such a course here. I'm sure we should, shooting accidents are not uncommon. DH used to be a keen hunter but has lost the desire to kill, of recent years. The first holiday I ever went on in NZ. was a hunting holiday ! Quite a shock for a girl out of the UK. We went into very remote countryside with another couple. The other wife and I were very happy for the men to go without us, but they insisted that we would "love it " Wrong... The countryside was beautiful, the mountains and the lakes quite magnificent. We were hunting deer. Fortunately we didn't see many (the men blamed us ofcourse, for making too much noise as we slipped and fell in the dense undergrowth...) At the end of the week the " other husband " shot a deer (who turned out to be blind in one eye ) We made a sorry sight as we trekked our way out of the bush, me with the two guns over my shoulders, the men with meat over theirs and my friend (whose husband had shot the deer) also had the pleasure of carrying hot meat out on her shoulders... Is that too much information ? Sorry . 43 years later the memory is very clear !!!

A cooler morning here this morning but I expect it will be warm later on. I am making good progress with my "sailor" quilt and will have it ready for backing by the end of today.. I've been up late working on it and have spent many hours on it, during the days. The house is looking rather neglected and the meals have been scrappy... It will be nice to have it finished !

Another holiday w/end coming up, enjoy the time with your family Jane. How nice that they are able to visit.

Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home