Thursday, April 5, 2007

Another Thursday

...and another 2 pounds gone! 8 pounds in four weeks -- I think I will eat some ice cream or something when I hit 10 pounds! Yesterday was interesting. I was the one designated to take goodies to my design group meeting and I decided if I was doing goodies I should do something that I *really* love, so I made sour cream lemon pound cake. And then in order to be able to eat it with a clear conscience, I lived on cantaloupe and lettuce yesterday. Definitely worth it! In a moment of self preservation I left the leftovers behind -- there is no way I could resist the stuff if it was sitting at my house.

I have started on the sewing room clean up. Yesterday I delivered a garbage bag full of fabric scraps and oddities to a lady who has a program doing crafts with disadvantaged kids and I have promised her more stuff as I pack it up. I have another bag full of dressmaker fabrics in good usable lengths, left over from the days when I sewed my clothes for work, and those will go to the Salvation Army thrift store later today. That will clear a little more working space, so I can continue to sort the contents of the closet. I can not believe how much stuff I have squirreled away in there! LOL And then there are the magazines... I might put those on Freecycle, along with a big box of clothing patterns that I will never use again. I find it is a lot easier to acquire stuff than it is to get rid of it! Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a 12 step program?

The sun is out today -- we have seen very little of it so far this year -- and if it gets warm later I will be in the garden. The weeds are getting the upper hand already and it is only April! But first I have a session at Curves to do...

Jean

1 Comments:

At April 6, 2007 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Jean...if there is a 12 step program, I'm probably on step # minus 15! You would think since I moved and downsized last year it wouldn't have happened to me again, but I plan to get rid of a bunch more stuff at a garage sale this spring.

Kathi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home