Thursday, March 29, 2007

Weighing in

Hello!

You people have no idea how motivating it is to announce in public the progress of my weight loss efforts! Given the public nature of my dieting you will not be surprised to hear that I have lost yet another two pounds this week! That is 6 pounds in 3 weeks and this is a rate I can live with. My initial plan -- to increase my workouts at Curves by about one third, to stop eating sweets and junk food, and to stop evening snacking -- has proved to be completely effective. I am not feeling deprived and am not hungry and I believe this is a healthy rate to lose weight. I can keep this up for as long as it takes, I think.

I do have to clarify one detail. My goal for this round of dieting was 20 pounds. Please do not think for a moment that I am a mere 20 pounds overweight! It is definitely worse than that, but I like to set realistic and achievable goals. Once the first 20 pounds are gone I will take a break (probably using the Curves model of a metabolic tune up) and then decide how much more I want to lose. That way it never gets overwhelming and one does not diet long enough to depress the metabolism and hit one of those frustrating plateaus. Hey, can you tell I have done this before? LOL

While I am on this Spring kick of housecleaning and dieting and organizing my life, I have gone out and purchased half a dozen Rubbermaid totes. The plan is to sort and organize the sewing room, finish some more UFOs and get rid of any and all fabric that no longer fits my needs or desires. I am debating starting on that today but the sun is shining and I would sooner sit on the deck with a pot of tea and read a book... And I have finally finished with the tax returns and last year's accounts for the little old lady I care for and I should be sorting and archiving all the old book keeping records -- but I would sooner sit in the sun with a pot of tea and read a book... I think I know where this is going!

Jean at Mill Bay, who will, of course, also go to Curves today...

4 Comments:

At March 29, 2007 at 11:20 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

Great going Jean!!!!
Do you know if you join curves you can use all of them, or can you just use the one you joined?
Just wondering, keep up the good work! Jill

 
At March 30, 2007 at 4:19 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Jean, good for you!! I am still putting lbs back on,aargh. No exercise at all..been doing genealogy for 2 weeks without stopping. Lovely outside except for all the pollen, very heavy this year. Anyway congratulations! Lavinia

 
At March 30, 2007 at 5:41 AM , Blogger Marge said...

Hi Jean, I met you at the Paducah quilt show a few yrs back and you did not look overweight to me. But good luck on loosing the lbs you feel you need too. I have no will power when it comes to eating. Marge in Pa.

 
At March 30, 2007 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

JILL-- Yes, you can go to other Curves locations on a "travel pass" if you can not attend your own location. I have got travel passes several times when I knew I would be unable to attend my own Curves, including in Ontario when I visited Rosey.

LAVINIA, I think we are in for a heavy pollen year, too. I stopped beiing comfortable outside when the pussy willows started and now I am reacting to the plum and wild cherry trees. It seems worse than usual...

MARGE, thank you! But I have put on more weight since I was at Paducah and I don't want it to get any worse! BTW, the same group of us is planning to be back at Paducah in 2008, but we are hoping to get a hotel room much closer this time!

Jean

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home