Monday, March 26, 2007

Sinus crud, travel, books

Oh, I was hoping to escape this spring without the sinus crud, but it found me in West Palm Beach, and attacked. I think all the dust I kicked up cleaning out drawers, and under the bed at my Mom's house got the better of me. I had given my Mom about 25 books over the past few years, and now have most of them back here. If I can't give them away to friends will take them to the library and donate them.
I drove back on Friday, and we sat the boys on Sat. afternoon and all day Sunday. Ditched church and went to the beach for almost the whole day on Sunday, and the boys had a blast. We have found a place where if you have a 4 wheel drive you can drive on the sand, and the ocean comes into an inlet, so there is a "beach" that is calm and lots of kids and dogs can play without fear. (I nicknamed this the Redneck Riviera, because of all the trucks) Was the first outing to the beach this year, did lots of sun block, but managed to get a bit burned on the chest area. The boys were lathered up well, so I don't think they got too much.
They had fun catching large jellyfish. Yuck! These babies were about 6 or 7 in. across, and beautiful, clear with red on the outside. The tide brings them into the inlet, and they just die in the brackish water.
Finally getting back in gear at 6:30 at night. Took some Benedryl at 2:00PM and read and slept in the chair for about 3 hrs. this afternoon.
I took a quilt to do binding on with me on the trip, but it came back in the same condition as I left with it. Too tired at night to do anything, and Mom's lighting is bad.
I don't think my Mom will be here much longer. She is in bad shape, and just treading water. She has a shingles virus in her throat, and was feeling terrible when I was there. Did get her out to the beach there, had a cup of coffee and watch the ocean for 30 min. We drove down A1A in Palm Beach, past Donald Trump's place. We did see the large flag, was quite a windy day and it was waving. Yes, a bit big, but also quite beautiful there by the ocean.
After a drive down Worth Ave, drove back to Mom's house. It is still the "season" in Palm Beach, so Worth Ave. was quite busy. I counted 3 Rolls Royces. Not too bad for about 11:00 AM on a Thursday in March.
Going back to the couch.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home