Sunday, March 25, 2007

WT RPT/LITTERING SHOULD BE A FELONY

Well, last week I showed a three pound loss and this week a half pound gain. Once I show a loss I tend to decide, well, that was easy. And then I don't try as hard thereafter.

Just took a hike up into the nat'l forest nearby (Nantahala Nat'l Forest). Naturally I left the house later than I'd planned so it was sort of sweaty by the time I got back to the Jimmy. Shadow got so warm she took a dip in the creek.

The county road people had been up there and spent a whole week grading the road and clearing trash that had been accumulating for forty years. It was once the custom to dump your old stove or car off a steep bank and in the summer you couldn't see it for the growth. Now we have one of the most advanced recycle systems I've seen even in fuss budget Rochester. You have to haul it if you live out of town limits but there are folks who will do it for hire. As long as I have to go to town as often as I do I haul my own garbage and recycle stuff. You get to chat with your neighbors there. If you have something that might be of value to someone else you just put it in a designated spot and sure enough it disappears within 24 hours. I'd always meant to buy a small sauce pan for boiling just one egg and guess where I finally got it. It was Revere Ware in far nicer condition than the stuff I got as a wedding gift 49 years ago. Unfortunately at a spot where hunters and fishermen build fires there are already a few cans and bottle caps. They don't have any trouble carrying that stuff in but apparently carrying out an empty can is more work than carrying in a full one. Grrrr. I get violent fantasies at the thought of that. Al and his hunting buddies never so much as left a shot shell or cigarette butt (back when they smoked) behind and it made him angry and ashamed to say he was a hunter.

Off to quilt more rectangles for the boys' quilts. There is light at the end of the tunnel, at least the preparation of the rectangles.

Jane in NC, about to have a healthy lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home