Sunday, March 25, 2007

garbage, VT, weight & oh, quilting!



I decided to wait & take a picture of my GMFG while it was hung at the show.
This is a nice small show called "The Airing of the Quilts"
I bought this top on ebay & had it hand quilted by the group that hosts this
show. Since I had done nothing on the quilt I decided to go around the hexagons
for the binding....so I can definitely say I had a role in this quilt! It took forever!
The first picture is my DF Charlotte from my small group "The Monday night quilters"
She is caressing the lovely 30's raffle quilt.........drum roll pleeeze...... she won it!!!!!!
We were speechless....this is the 2nd time in 6 months that she has won a quilt at
a show (I'm pretty sure I must be her good luck charm!). It couldn't have gotten a
better home, she will love it! And she does actually have quilts on her bed!

Here in Portland we can do a ton of recycling at the curb & we have a recycling center
very close to us. I suggested that they open a "junk Store" where people can leave things that someone else might be able to use, my sister's center in NH has one, she's gotten many
usable items there & leaves stuff there too.
I've gotten some cool stuff for my yard from other's recycling, a wooden ladder, wheel barrel
(sieve)a grill. My DH just rolls his eyes.

No weight loss here this week, tomorrow's another Monday!


Can I come to VT? I'd love to go to the Vermont quilt festival!
I have finally hired a new veterinary assistant, she starts in Apr. & I hoping my long work weeks will soon be a thing of the past, and maybe even a vacation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home