Sunday, March 25, 2007

Weighing in

Drat, I'm up a pound this week, but down 1" on my measurements, so go figure. Ah, well, next week will be better. I'm going to weigh Saturday next, since I'll be taking off on April 1st with my buddy Doris. She lost her husband (who had been bedridden for 2 1/2 years) a few weeks ago. She hasn't been able to go visit any of her family all that time. She wants to go visit her brother just the other side of Phoenix, AZ and asked me to come along to share the driving. I thought long and hard about it, around one second, and said I'd be delighted. DH is capable of looking after himself for 10 days or so, and says he'll enjoy the peace and quiet, LOL. We're going to take 3 days for the drive out, planning on stopping in Fort Stockton, TX and Lordsburg, NM on the way. We'll stop for an hour or two at the Saguaro Cactus park near Tucson, we both just want to see those beauties, and maybe the museum of desert stuff there, too. We're getting teased by our buddies about pulling a "Thelma and Louise", but I say, no cliffs! In honor of the occasion, I have dyed some underwear, using the Ziplock bag method with Procion Dyes. I took pics, but think perhaps this is not a good place to post one of my undies, LOL. Did sets in turquoise, green, red, purple, and orange. The bras, while mostly cotton, had some non-cotton parts, which took up less dye, so they're two-tone, and I love them. DH has often thought that perhaps some of my screws needed snugging down, and now he's sure, LOL. However, he did say I could dye some undies for him, which surprised me.

Pat in Rockport, TX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home