Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Going Cold Turkey

If you'll pardon the pun, Jane, cut out coffee, tea, caffeinated beverages including diet pop, cut out bread, pasta, Canadian and American bacon, potatoes (except yams or sweet potatoes), go on a basically vegetarian diet, allow yourself fish, chicken, turkey, not done in any covering or sauce...but you don't have to give up sex.

Okay, Jane, pick yourself up from the floor and stop laughing.

I had to do this sort of thing a few weeks ago, lost all the fluffies around my waist, actually saw my waist and deluded myself into thinking that good, that's gone, now I can go back and eat what I want...oh, and eliminate sweet stuff. My fluffies are back. I don't feel as svelte or good.
But I do get to Curves once a day, almost.

Yesterday was the mother of all storms up here in southern Ontario, the entire county had road closures, the police were called in off the roads...and this morning, as in yesterday morning, the man who lives here, went into ditches twice, had to call CAA to rescue him...and we are now in a sunny bright and amazingly cold day...with winds gusting the snow off the branches of the trees like so many snowghosts....

But this morning we saw an American Goldfinch with just a dusting of yellow over his shoulders...spring is coming. They turn brown in winter as the yellow makes them a target to preying birds. So mother nature knows something.

Now back to the commission...we are beginning to see the light of day.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home