Monday, March 12, 2007

checking in

I returned home on Saturday evening from the big Sewing Expo in Atlanta/Duluth, GA. It was fun and I had lots of great classes. If any of you don't live near the large quilt shows (AQS in Paducah, Houston, etc.) just google in "sewing expo" and see what comes up close to your area. The one I attended (www.sewingexpo.com) has quilting classes and has recently partnered up with AQS in order to tap into the AQS teacher pool. I go for the garment making classes and vendors. :-) With the AQS teachers in the schedule now, I may take a quilting class next year. I'll miss Paducah again this year, as it conflicts with a pants-fitting class I'm taking in Cincinnatti. ~sighs.....~

BETTY L - your labradoodle is precious!!! There are two in our neighborhood (different owners) that same color and I love it.

ROSEY P - you forgot to tell Jane to stay away from chocolate & sugar. (roflol) I find staying away from wheat (bread, crackers, anything with flour) helps my hip fluff stay under control. Ummm ... that and peanut butter.

JANE IN NC - wonderful pictures! Our trees our starting to bloom and the Bradford Pears will be in full bloom by week's end. Some are starting to open already. Pollen count is high for "tree" pollen and this is early, IMHO.

SARA IN FLA - 15k ??? Wow! I'm impressed. The most I've ever walked is 6 miles. Did you run or walk? I can't run. I can walk faster than I can run. I look like those other folks who "jog" that I know I can walk faster than their jogging. ;-)

DH and I go back to Hot-lanta again this Wednesday. He has a Spring Seminar to attend and I will amuse myself by hitting the high-end stores in Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza malls. I don't buy anything, but love to look at all the beautiful clothes. I consider it an educational field trip for my own clothes-sewing.

I'll also venture over to the IKEA store Atlanta got some 18 months ago. I've never been to an IKEA and was warned to take a sandwich and canteen --- apparently it's huge and one can get lost in there. Maybe I need a compass and GPS and cell phone???
;-)

Must run .... volunteering at the Adult Ed ESOL classes and I need to start getting ready. Hugs to everyone!

Doris W. in TN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home