Saturday, March 10, 2007

ANNA & THEA

where are you? We are missing both of you.

Thea, I hope you have not been too buried in work, farm and DH's recovery not to be able to sew. I don't have any of those burdens and I still seem to have trouble getting to the machine.

Anna, how is your DH's battle with the bureaucracy? That's what happens when the government takes charge of anything.

I'm waiting to prove to medicare that wearing the $74 compression stockings, for which medicare does not pay, is not going to cure my non functioning vein valves and that they should pay for the required surgery. Anything to delay parting with the $$ just like any insurance company. I guess they are afraid that I am doing this for cosmetic reasons. If they took one look at my legs they would know that I'm not very vein about veins. My legs are covered with spider veins. I just want the varicose, non functioning one fixed so I won't hurt all the time.

Sara, did you run or walk? I have such a poor feel for metric that I can't tell from your time which it is. In any case, good for you. Between my knees (that is plural including the artificial one) that hurt and my aching feet from too many pounds per square inch, I just don't enjoy walking as much as I once did.

Speaking of PSI, I start my fast tomorrow. I've been psyching for the famine by going on a feeding frenzy all week and have managed to gain several pounds on top of the lifetime peak I've been at all winter. As a GF of mine says, if it doesn't have hair on it or move on the plate, I'll eat it. I do believe that if you put chocolate on it I'd eat the hairy moving item as well.

Good night ladies.
Jane in NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home