Thursday, February 22, 2007

PUPS, SPRING AND SUCH

Here is Molly, the spaniel from Hell. Many of you remember my tales of her antics. She had the longest puppyhood in history and we thought she'd never settle down. When she finally began to settle a tiny bit we were depressed. She was ineducable and suffered from attention deficit disorder and hyperactivity. She made up jokes and was good for a minimum of three good laughs a day. Oh how I miss her. I'll never get over her demise and it's been over a year and a half. Even the UPS man misses her.

It has been showing signs of spring hereabouts if you look for it. Not only have temperatures moderated but I have spied the beginnings of larkspur and cut leaved toothwort foliage this past week. They will survive numerous frosts to burst forth in March. The bloodroot and spring beauties will be out by the end of March. Oh how I love the spring flowers. I'll finally be able to regale you with pictures of them.

Have to go all the way to the south side of Asheville to see the vascular surgeon at 10 tomorrow. I'm sure he'll check out my purple swollen legs and tell me to continue with the $74 compression stockings and come back in a month. Short on sleep because of staying up too late last night and having to have Shadow at the groomer by 8:30 and the thunder storm the previous night resulting in my being visited in my bed by a panic stricken beast.

Jane in NC where it's supposed to drop to low 20s tomorrow night.




2 Comments:

At February 22, 2007 at 11:32 PM , Blogger Celia in NB said...

Sweet Miss Molly. I know you really miss her Jane.
Celia

 
At February 23, 2007 at 3:22 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Beautiful dog. I miss my border collie-we sent her to a new family seven (gosh has it been that long?) years ago.

Just noticed some daffodils coming up here, so hopefully Spring is nigh. Lavinia

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home