Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hi all,
Been enjoying the posts and the pictures. Still a little wary of trying but I am sure I will attempt some in a while.
Right now I have a slight problem. How do you get over the fear of your own beloved sewing machine.
Yesterday was was humming away sewing when I pushed the button for needle down on my sewing machine but my finger was not out of the way. Well you may have guessed the needle came down and went right through my nail coming out the other side. Right now I have a weird looking finger, but what is worse I keep looking at my machine as if it is at fault and will attack me. Maybe I should have sat down again right away again but it smarted pretty good. I have four days in a row of not having to leave home and I was really looking forward to doing a lot of catching up.
Any ideas other than just go for it.

Went to quilting guild last night and got lucky on the fat quarter draw again. Won a set of lovely colours. Four of them. Yippee.

Our kitchen sewer lines froze with not having enough snow insulation on the ground so DH had to wash dishes . Can't put my sore finger in the water right. Boy did they work hard at trying to get the ice out of the pipes today. Not successful yet but I have to give then an A for trying.
We have had this only one other time in the last 33 years, and it is not easy to change a piping system unless you do a whole transformation of all the pipes. This building is pretty old.
Well I better get and see if my machine looks a little more friendlier.
Take care
Hugs
Grace in On

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2007 at 3:00 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Big OUCH, Grace! Well at least it got you out of the dishes LOLOL. Hope winning the fat quarters made up for it (and the frozen pipes). Lavinia-TN

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home