Wednesday, February 21, 2007

FEELING GOOD

Wow do I ever feel great; as if the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. How did that happen? I sat down tonight and got my tax stuff together including adding up the obscene amount of money I pay in co-pays for all the darned pills I take. Yikes. Fortunately I have a drug plan along with the secondary insurance I get through Honeywell, Al's employer for 27 years. It isn't cheap but I wouldn't have any fabric money if I had to pay the full rate for all that stuff. Anyway, having waited until the very last minute last year and finding out there was a serious problem of missing information and struggling with that until October I resolved never to get caught like that again. I won't pay anything until the last minute since the wretched government doesn't pay a nickel in interest for the use of all that withheld money for the past twelve months. At least now though, I can cross it off my to do list.

I got the birthday quilt redelivered today. The old girl seems very pleased and the colors go extremely well with the decor in the living room and in her room. What a sweetheart she is.

Now to attack the mess in the quilt room and all the correspondence that has been over due for months.

Spring-like today. After thunder storms last night the temps rose to 69 today with sun. By 5 PM it was clouding up again and rained. Of course Shadow sought refuge in my bed last night as she is terrified by storms. She insists on getting under the blanket with me and then thrashes around still seeking refuge. There is no comforting her and if I shut her in the laundry room with her crate she just about tears the door down trying to get to me. Consequently neither one of us got a whole lot of sleep. She's going to the beauty parlor tomorrow so she won't be so shaggy for a while. I had to vacuum my bed out today. My whole world is covered with dog hair.

Welp, I'm suddenly sleepy so will bid you all goodnight and pleasant dreams. Well, some of you are probably eating breakfast about now.

Jane in NC

2 Comments:

At February 22, 2007 at 2:56 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Well Jane, Bean and I joined you during the storm. And gosh, here I thought I was the only person on earth who had dog hair on them hahahahaha. Lavinia-TN

 
At February 26, 2007 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Mainequilta said...

Jane have you ever tried Bach's Rescue Remedy for the thundershower fears. It's all natural and doesn't give them that doped up reaction that the vet's stuff does. It has saved me many times. Can be bought online at most pet supply places. It's a thought. Martha in Maine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home