Thursday, May 5, 2016

This is not a private site

IT's been ages since I checked in here.   I've caught the recent discussion about cookies and this chat board.  It is *not*  private.  Anyone can "Google" and if they have the right search terms, can find this and read it.   I just now did on the Chrome browser from which I have never signed in here, so no prior cookies.

Sondra signed me up on the Facebook group but I've stopped all email notices due to the flurry of activity.  It was clogging up my in box, and I'll get over there and visit when I have some time.     It is nice to see some names I recognize, and some I don't because their screen names on WWQP were different.    ;-) 
I hope the moderators of the Facebook group are careful about who they let join, otherwise anyone could become a member of the group.

No big news here, except our NHL team has game #4 at home tonight, of the second level playoff series, and we will be at that game.   We hope our team wins! 

DGD is completely into the movie "Frozen" right now.  I found a nice cotton fabric at JoAnn's and serged up some dinner napkins for her.  She is just now old enough to want a napkin to wipe her mouth.  It's just too cute!  LOL

Take care and hugs to everyone!

3 Comments:

At May 5, 2016 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Doris, I'm pleased to see that you have joined the FBk page too. I was hesitant and quite overwhelmed with the information and pages and "dos and don't"... I was surprised yesterday, when telling my DGD what I had done and assuring her that I had joined a closed group etc., she said that she had found my page while I was talking to her....!! How did that happen ? Evidently you have to first join Face Bk to get onto the closed group, so she (and anybody else !) can access my FBk page but not post or get onto the Closed Group page.. ! (does that make sense ?) All the F.BK page told her, was the year in which I was born, so it wasn't exactly full of information . Interesting though... It seems that if you are accepted as a friend , it means that you can get onto their private page..if you have no friends and don't want any,(!?!) you still have access to the main page for commenting and reading...the only people who can post on your private page are those who you have accepted as YOUR friends.....(I think !)

Rosey, you probably gave up reading this post after the first sentence but you did want to know how I was getting on ! You are allowed to feel slightly smug about the decision you made last week,about leaving the whole thing alone !

 
At May 5, 2016 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Marion - yes, you are right that by clicking on a FB group member's name, it will take you to their own "home" page. This is why I hope the FB leaders are careful about who they allow into the group.

But, to be honest, I think anyone can see the same information if our name shows up on anyone's FB page, whether we comment or even "Like" something they've posted.

 
At May 5, 2016 at 7:57 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

You know, Marion and Doris, I'm finding this information of value. My hesitation is from the first signing up I had with FB to access some information from an author's site but within the first 24 hrs. I was inundated with emails from people who were simply acquaintances and some from long ago asking to be my friend or something like that. In a panic I tried to remove myself, couldn't then emailed Jean in Mill Bay who seems to be very adept at computer stuff and she managed to get me off FB. I've been leery about it ever since. But I would like to understand how the thing works. So please comment away.

I wish that people felt free to post here or if there is so much trouble getting onto this website how come Doris could access it through Google Chrome? I don't understand...maybe she could read it, just not access it to post on it. I've never had trouble accessing this website but maybe it's because I have a PC and not a fancy whatever digital thingy? So post away tell me what it is like, FB.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home