Tuesday, May 3, 2016

It seems

I'm not to be let loose on the internet and thankfully, a friend caught two words that cookies could attach themselves to.  There was a time when cookies were something we ate.  However, as I understand this, cookies aside, this is a Private forum is it not?  Not that it matters, it seems my experience as a much younger person in a certain situation which fortunately I did not find myself in but it was reported that I was in, which my parents were and I was imminently thankful that I wasn't in  has led me to be cautious about my personal life...so, I'm not to be trusted through my own ignorance of the internet and in posting to it and that cookies can attach to words that may have adverse effects on the site.  I hope I haven't caused any problems here.  But I will state I do believe anything can be hacked, even FaceBook and Private Websites and banks and governments and whatever.  I feel nothing is sacred in the cyberworld if someone wants to hack in, attach to, whatever or find information out about whomever, it can happen.   I've lived too long in a trusting world,  I'm not smart to the ways of the internet...which is why I need to stay off it....(smile)
Rosey

4 Comments:

At May 4, 2016 at 10:11 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

I can answer my own comments, I guess. I checked with my website designer about hacking and stuff and he said that it's pretty hard to hack FB unless you give out your password but said his aunts and uncles got caught opening stuff they shouldn't (I think I'm in the age category of his aunts and uncles...meaning old, meaning, not smart with the ways of the internet)....but knowing me, I think I'd manage to get myself into trouble somehow by clicking somewhere I'm not supposed to do with these sites. It's bad enough just trying to order fabric online and following different companies websites on how to do things. Maybe I'd better just stick to quilting. That way I stay out of trouble.
Rosey

 
At May 4, 2016 at 1:03 PM , Blogger heather said...

Hi Rosey....I have to say that since using my iPad and or phone and not the laptop or desktop I haven't had issues of spam or unwanted cookies....if there are sites that ask to allow cookies I don't allow access for them. Same thing on Facebook ....I only access the pages I wish too and more often than not do not 'follow' on many.....is it too convenient having a phone and tablet that allows Internet use? You bet.....however it is also more of a great communication and information opportunity than an inconvenience....when it is too much of an intrusion I just have to say to myself enuf already lol. And since we no longer have a landline turning the cellphone off isn't an option.

The flurry of activity on the Facebook WWQP page for the first couple of weeks was wonderful....and lots of it.....it s nice to see old names there again and pictures of their lives and updates of what has been happening

I do hope this posts ......keeping my fingers crossed

 
At May 4, 2016 at 3:26 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

heather, I'm noticing more of course re the cookies on sites that I go to now but I never agree to them. As our friend said who caught them yesterday in my posting, they just pick them up. Must be like fleas to a dog. There were two words in my response to Laura that could have allowed unwelcome URL's . Life is never simple in the digital age. I'm still back with Doris Day and June Allyson and Elizabeth Taylor times...where has all this innocence gone.
Rosey

 
At May 4, 2016 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Funny you should mention that Rosey ! The Doris day bit I mean... On Sunday I went to a Doris Day Special with some friends, we all remembered those golden years and she seemed such a ray of sunshine with her smiling face and chirpy songs...Not so...a very sad story actually, failed and abusive marriages, the loss of her only child, and she, poor soul, is still alive at 90 something..
Face Book...well as Rosey knows, I did click onto the "join here" button.... I haven't spent much time on it as yet ..just getting used to the idea of being on it, after years of saying I never would... I'm hoping that I can cope with it, I don't like spending time on the computer (or IPAd) so I don't think it will lead me astray. I am very nervous about clicking on anything incase everything on the computer is wiped (if that isn't likely....don't tell me... it works for me !)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home