Saturday, July 6, 2013

Soggy in Tennessee

Hi y'all.    We are soooo humid and soggy here after receiving 5  inches of rain over the past three days.  We sort of needed it, but we are ready for it to go.   Some places have gotten more rain, so we'll take our 4" and be quiet.

Old age is not for sissies, but it isn't fun, either.   At a recent annual check-up, I discovered that I am 1/2" shorter in height.    A nasty case of tennis elbow/tendonitis hit in the middle of a spectacular round of golf last week.   And  my OTT floor lamp died.  Not just the bulb, but the whole thing.   From a quick Google, it seems the ballast is probably shot and not worth even trying to fix.Argh!   I'll have some cheese with my whine, thankyouverymuch.   Actually, I feel like Alexander of  the terrible horrible no-good day, who wants to buy a ticket to Australia.

 Oh, and the dog has tendonitis or something with her leg, too, and she's only 4 y/o.   I had to sneak my sunglasses and visor out the front door when I went to walk 3 miles with my neighbor, but she knew what I was up to and became quite vocal about it.   The shoes and clothes gave me away!  DH was amazed and said she had a verbal temper tantrum after I left.   (LOL)   This week, I will have to sneak out the back door.

Well on to brighter topics . . .

Here are pics of some of the things I made for our DDIL's baby shower.... if I can make it work.   I hope these are not going to post sideways, either.   I really do not understand cameras, the software in them, and making them show up here right-side-up.     I deleted them once already, by accident.  Gah.

First are some burp cloths, made from pre-fold cloth diapers and monogrammed on embr. machine ---

Next, a onesie I bought with some machine embroidery added:


Next is a onesie dress.   You can get the free (!) pattern at parksbirdpatterns.com

Here is a KwikSew #3090 baby gown:


and KwikSew #3089 sleep sack.   I made sleeveless, since it can stay quite warm here until December


So that's it for now.      I'm sending hugs to everyone!

5 Comments:

At July 7, 2013 at 4:44 AM , Blogger Bee said...

You are so busy,enjoy, I love to make little garments for babies , such fun. I can relate to the ageing and shrinking.I was very cross when asked at the hospital how tall I was and replied 5'5 and they laughed and told me I was now 5' 31/2.How the heck did that happen !!!Bee

 
At July 7, 2013 at 6:44 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

1. Love the little things you made!
2. Send some rain this way LOL.
3. DH is 3 inches shorter, he was 5'11 and now 5'8.

 
At July 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Phyllis in Minnesota said...

Cute little baby garments for a lucky little one. Tell me - why can we shrink in height without even working at it, but width shrinkage is close to impossible???

 
At July 9, 2013 at 2:42 AM , Blogger Bee said...

My loss of height went onto my width!!!!plus extra

 
At July 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Phyllis in MN - Eureka! I think you've asked the right question. This must be why my waist has grown a bit without me gaining weight!

I think it is the displacement of the body mass. As we shrink, it goes outward. Try smashing a marshmallow and you'll see what I mean. Nowhere to go but outward. ;-)

;o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home