Thursday, June 27, 2013

Greetings from the beach

I am sitting on the balcony of the beach condo looking at the tide, trying to decide if it is coming in or going out.  This is the first Thursday that I have been able to attend the quilt guild meeting in several months. It starts at 6:30pm.  The last 2 meetings it was so stormy and windy that I didn't dare drive in it.  Just a bit overcast, but breezy now.
I have the T shirt quilt top, the Tree 'O Life, and the "shop hop" beach top done (wall hanging) to show for show and tell.  It has taken be about 1 year to finish the Tree "O Life one.  It was fun to do once I got the hang of the large applique pieces.  I just have to do the binding on it.
I may have to piece a 5" strip into the backing of the tee shirt quilt, as it is only 3" on the top and bottom, and the long arm quilter likes more.  Will take it over next week and ask her.
We normally have guild meeting the first Thurs. of the month, but this comming one is July 4th, Independence Day in USA.  Although I'm not really happy with our government right now.  Will hang up the bunting, flags, and clebrte anyway.  The beach city is having the public fireworks again this year, they canceled last year due to costs.
Happy quilting!
Will try to take pictures tonight to see if I can post.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home