Sunday, December 23, 2012

I don't think that the quiltmaker who bought one of my quilt designs, The Persian Sampler, would mind me posting it (D.Price, Canada).  She took my individual designs and composed her own design layout.   I can draw, some can't, I'm not a fine art 'drawer' but rather, a designer/drawer and I love it when quilters recreate for themselves, how they want their quilt to look and appreciate when they give me design credit for the elements used.  She has a nice sense of balance and flow with her design.

And I echo Bee's wishes for this time of year.  Never easy for some, it is for me a family time and that's what matters most, is being together with people, family or not.  We have some snow on the ground and we may have a 'white' Christmas.  It's very cold and the winds have been howling like freight trains through our pine trees.  I look back over the year and feel blessed to have experienced it.  Ups and downs like others, family relationships change, some pain there but friendships endure even as we grow older, each in our own way, we find a place in our lives that we settle into with some comfort.  I treasure waking up in the morning to hear the snuffling of my two lovely Australian Shepherds, to come down into my studio and as dawn is breaking, looking back into the meadow to see four or five deer moving silently like brown ghosts across the field, they are not easy to spot.  I'm blessed to be able to still use my hands and eyes although both are being challenged by age.  And oddly enough, I feel blessed to experience the age of the internet that has widened my world so much and yet, is tardy in its loading up reminding me that although I have high speed out here in the country, I really don't and am being charged for it....the reality of consumer life.  All the best and thank you Eric for this site.
RoseyP in Southern Ontario, Canada

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home