Monday, November 19, 2012

Gray sky in Fla

This is supposed to be the Sunshine State.  I think the weatherman forgot to talk to the tourist bureau.
We did see the sun for about 4 hours yesterday afternoon, but so far none today.
I helped load up the Operation Christmas Child boxes this morning.  Whew!  I thought my SUV had lots of room until we started putting them in.  Between me and a mom and teen we got 300 boxes loaded and to the drop off spot.  An 18 wheeler truck was there and the shoe boxes went into large carton boxes, then in the large truck.  They should be on there way to the Atlanta, Ga. Area now.
Lavinia, your pattern came today.  I'm not sure I understand it, but will look at it again in the morning when I am fresh.
We don't get many "Snow birds" here in North Fla.  They usually go to Daytona and parts south.  They are just on the interstate.
Happy Thanksgiving to the USA people.  Missed wishing the Canada people that last month.  I'm going to be careful what I eat and drink.  Maybe allow myself one glass of wine with the dinner (at friend's house).  Apple pie instead of pecan.
Cheers, Sara in Fla.

1 Comments:

At November 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Quilt shop is selling their samples on Friday..I hope to get a picture of the RWB quilt that was made from the pattern. Wish me luck, that's the ONLY place I am going. The pictures on the pattern are rather confusing..I agree. I didn't try to make it so I only glanced at it. Lavinia

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home