Tuesday, November 13, 2012

this and that

First-Way to go Lavania!  Wow the move to Arizona has been good for your   quilting.  To win one ribbon is good, to win 3 or 4 is wonderful.
I finished reading "The Beautiful Mystery" by Louise Penny.  It was the large print copy I got for Mom.  Seems Ms. Penny doesn't have any use for the Catholic church.
I was asking my GFs about the Gregorian chants, other than one who sings in her church, none of them were familiar with them.  I do remember a few years ago they were the "next big thing".  I found a few on You tube last night, very relaxing.  I might have to get a CD or download some to my I-pod.  Now I need translations---"mon pere" with a / over the first e.  "my father?"
Frere (frier)?    Merde--I have no clue what that means.
Oui--is that Yes?
Today is the day for my Gastro doc visit.  I think it will be all paperwork and questions, and most likely set up a time for an upper G.I. and maybe a colonoscopy.  It has been 10 years, so guess I'm due.  Much better, eating soup and some mild thing.  Going to have scrambled eggs and grits for breakfast in just a few min.  (for those of you not blessed to be in the South-grits are a corn product, the consistency of oatmeal) 
Jo Ann's here had a 60% off day for Veterans day, tried to get red/white/ and blue for more QOV, but only the white was the kind I wanted.  $2.00 a yard on sale.  So I bought 9 yards!
Lines were like after Christmas sale.  Whew!
Have a good Tuesday.
Sara in Fla.

5 Comments:

At November 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Thanks, Sara. Wow on the GI problems, here's hoping you get the help you need; it can really get frustrating! Keep us posted and get better soon! Hugs! Lavinia

 
At November 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Thanks, Sara. Wow on the GI problems, here's hoping you get the help you need; it can really get frustrating! Keep us posted and get better soon! Hugs! Lavinia

 
At November 13, 2012 at 2:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "frere" you are referring to is "brother"...think of the old nursery song "are you sleeping, are you sleeping, brother John?" As far as "merde" goes, it's probably something that your DH says when he hits his finger with a hammer. LOL. This company is probably too polite to print it here.
Kathi

 
At November 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Bee said...

Many years since I was at school but oui is yes, frere is brother mon pere is my father and merde is something like good heavens! I know the last is not correct but the idea is there .Bee.

 
At November 13, 2012 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

I heard rumors that Jo Ann's was crazy, but I ventured out after work with that 60% coupon burning a hole in my pocket, but it wasn't busy at all & I got 10 yds of Kona cotton (white) for 32 bucks!
I was feelin pretty smug! Jill

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home