Saturday, November 10, 2012

another one in space!!!

I was telling you how I hate fireworks and the effect they have on Gus when whoosh away it all went. He tries to climb under my chair, only his head makes it and so I throw a blanket over him and he mutters and grumbles all night. Poor boy he is such a big idiot. All our other dogs were gun dogs and of course they didn't mind bangs etc. Gus is a different story, he hates baths and bangs. Nov.5th is Guy Fawkes night but the weather always plays up and it seems to go on forever. I think I told you about my garden being absolutely bare of leaves thanks to my lot , I have good news all my shrubs now have baby leaves growing and it is looking so good I am going to leave it like it is and use pots and bark everything else. I do prefer a very green and tropical look but my poor old bones don't like bending down to weed. This way I get all the look I like and can spray the weeds. Now I have to go and find a good spray. I use boiling water to spray my cobblestones but don't think it will do for the garden, soak in too quickly. This drivel is not what I was going to talk about but I type the way, I talk, according to my family mostly drivel. Must go and hide my sewing, I went to a Quilt show and left most of my money there. I now have the sweetest toy to make for Cara and eagle eyes will see it if I don't put it away. Hugs to all, Bee in a coolish NZ . By the way the first thing I meant to tell you was that I don't sign out, I always leave myself signed to the BB. Just an idea. Bee. '

3 Comments:

At November 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Bee, I've said this before and I'll say it again, hearing from folks all over the world, about their lives, not exciting just everyday stuff, it makes me feel that I am walking beside you all when I hear of your day. We aren't here to set the world on fire, just our own. On my cobbles beside our house, I use straight white vinegar, the cheapest I can find, to kill the green growth that comes up between them. It works but it won't on a garden I should think...Because of the B&B it's allowed me to hire help with my weeding. It's such a treat for me to see my gardens relatively weed-free and looks good for my guests.
I've just finished watching Doc Martin, an English series. You may not get it there but you can buy the DVD's off the internet. I'm saving for them all one day. You might also enjoy readiing Jon Katz's blog www.bedlamfarm.com I've enjoyed it for several years now. He lives in the country with his wife, assorted animals and he is a writer.
And so, time to collect Annie & Meg, drop a tear outside and head up to bed.
A tickle for your goofy Gus. It's nighttime here and in NZ, tomorrow.
Rosey

 
At November 11, 2012 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Bee said...

Rosey, I love that show. Do you know Martin Clunis is a great animal lover and has several dogs himself. He is so different to his part in the show.

 
At November 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Bee, I just wouldn't miss Doc Martin for the world. Any social engagement (and there are not that many believe me) is factored into the time frame of 8 pm on a Sat. night. I didn't know that Martin Clunes was an animal lover. When he smiles, it's so odd to see him smile because in the series of course, he's not that type of character. I love it when he delivers his bloopers. The funeral of Aunt Joan was so funny when he stood in the lectern and gave a talk on heart disease. I love the heavyset fellow with the cap. His expressions are priceless but I do miss his secretary, Katherine is her name, can't think of her last name. She was so good. It's a series I hope will never end but it will, I know and the last series is a bonus.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home