Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Singer 404

Question for you knowledgable (sp) collectors: I got a Singer 404 at a yard sale, not realizing it was strictly straight stitch, but that's okay. But with it I was given "attachments" which turned out to be a buttonholer for the 301 and an automatic zigzagger for the 301, plus a box of "zigzag and stretch accessories" for Singer model 417.  Unless I am missing something (probably my brain LOL), if the 404 only straight stitches how on earth could any of these be its attachments (unless it is something for straight stitch and happens to fit the foot)  The 404 is also a slant needle but I haven't tried putting any of this stuff on it.  Been busy trying to find a spool pin of all things, looks like I will have to find an OSMG someplace out here.  Any and all comments welcome.  (I will probably try to resell it all somehow after I find a spool pin; other than that it runs very smoothly and just needs a little cleaning up.)  Lavinia/AZ

3 Comments:

At October 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

I'm not too certain about the exchangeability of the attachments, but might suggest that you post this on the other board, too. There are Singer colectors there.

Kathi

 
At October 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

That should be "collectors". Can't figure out how to edit a comment here.

 
At October 23, 2012 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Kathi - I do not think we can edit comments. I have to "delete" a comment (the trash can icon under the date, at the bottom of your post) and re-post all over again.
I usually "copy & paste" my original text first, to save some work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home