Wednesday, October 17, 2012

just checking !

and I'm pleased to say that I got onto this page straight away, after clicking on the "New Post" notice at the top of the page.   Keep trying ladies.  For weeks I couldn't get through and then, suddenly , it all changed.

Holly is wondering why her friend Gemma hasn't been to play. We haven't taken her down to Gemma's home yet, we'll probably go down for a cuppa on Saturday morning.

We took two Australian visitors to Hanmer for the day yesterday  It's a small mountain village with thermal pools.. a 2hr drive from here.  It was a beautiful day and the countryside was looking spectacular.  Fresh snow on the alps and fresh green growth in the paddocks.  Lots of lambs jumping around and enjoying life.   Blossom trees at their best .  It looked just like the promotional photos you see of this country.  It's good to take visitors and to see it through their eyes. They were very enthusiastic about it all and we stopped for lots of photo opportunities !

Marion.


4 Comments:

At October 17, 2012 at 6:14 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

It sounds lovely. I love Spring, just not the pollen we have here. I've never seen lambs jumping around, but can imagine the scene.
Sara in Fla. where we are having our "fall" weather, cooler.

 
At October 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

That is when you're glad you're still not living in England, Marion...it's what makes you a New Zealander...the pride in your country. Did you take any pictures?
Rosey

 
At October 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

I think watching the lambs frolicking would be a delightful sight during Springtime.

I'm glad you were able to get on and post. Eric is probably overworked with a real job and may not have time to figure out the complexities of blogger.com
I follow another group on a blogger.com site, and until a month or two ago, could post a comment from my iPhone 4s. Something changed with the blogger.com site, and none of us with iPhones can post comments to that web site anymore. It has to be done from a real computer. Argh. So much for technology and "progress."

 
At October 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

"Progress" ? You are right Doris, I can think of another name for it.. I still can't believe how easy it is for me to post, after such a long period of frustrations . What changed and who changed it ? We'll never know !
Sorry Rosey, I didn't take MY camera, it was the visitors who were clicking away. I'll check my old photos there's very possibly one or two there from previous visits..
Marion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home