Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My goodness !

What a surprise !  Here I am on the posting page with out being faced with lots of complicated form filling !!.  I had quite thought that my "posting" days were over. I've been trying ,off and on, for weeks and always the same long and complicated form appeared.  Today(inspired by Sarah's post !) I thought I would try again and it took me straight to this .... Great.

Rosey, your kitchen looks warm and inviting.  Nice to see where you spend so much of your time.  I loved the previous photo of the autumn colours too.  So restful.

Our unsettled spring weather continues.   We've mostly had a cold and blustery week. We had a nice sunny day at the beginning of the week and I had a very productive day in the garden. So much to do out there but it's really not pleasant in this cold wind.

A sad day on Tuesday.  Our good friends lost their Beagle dog. She ran out on the road and was killed instantly.  The dog, Gemma, used to come here for a "play day "at last twice a week.   Pam didn't always have time to walk her, the two dogs exercised themselves running around our bigger property.  Our Beagle is the same age and they have had this companionship since we got the dogs, six years ago.  When we are away, Holly stays with them, and when they are away, Gemma stays with us.  Ofcourse, Holly doesn't know whats happened and she will be very confused when our friends visit, and her little friend doesn't hop out of the car...    

On a brighter note, we had a happy few days last week with DD#2 in Auckland. Just a quick trip to catch up with them all.  She has three teenagers now, so it's a noisy and busy household.... The grand-daughter (coming up 17) has bought her first car ! She has a Thursday night and Saturday job in a shoe shop, and had saved $2000 since March.  Her parents  had said that they would help her find a car when she had saved that amount, thinking that it would take her forever... They should have known.... Anyway. All seems well. She drove me around and I felt perfectly safe with her.  She is on a restricted licence, can't drive any unlicenced passenger, can't be on the road after 10pm., that sort of thing.

Thank you for all of those who have kept this page alive. I will keep trying and hope that it will always be as easy as it has been this morning !

Marion .

2 Comments:

At October 11, 2012 at 6:35 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Marion, Holly has grown up...I remember pictures of her when she was a puppy. It doesn't take long and what a sadness for you all with the death of Gemma. Dogs don't know that they lead a fearful and scary life when they are running loose. For me, I'm as vigilant as I can be with my dogs because Aussies are high energy and they can bolt after anything that catches their eye. I walk Annie and the pup, Meg, on leashes, Meg always, Annie only in the darkness of morning and night. Annie jumped out of the back window of my car earlier this year. She saw a Jack Russell and decided he was one to be met. She stood on the electric window button (I'd forgotten to put on the child lock), put the window down and out she went, while the car was moving. Fortunately, I was going very slowly passing the man walking the JR, he was shocked and said: where did that dog come from? I nearly had a heart attack. Their lives can be over in an instant. And families who love them are left to grieve.

I love my kitchen and I do spend much of my life there with the B&B, which will be going into its 21st year next season. Something that started on a whim and a lark, I've found it suits me as long as I have the energy to keep it up. 99% of my guests are wonderful people; the other 1%, well...I'm happy to see the back of them when they leave.

It's lovely to see pictures on the blog, isn't it.
Rosey

 
At October 11, 2012 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Uuuum yes, Holly is probably slightly overweight. Beagles do like their food and she often catches a rabbit and has it half consumed, before it can be taken off her. Gemma was a finer specimen. Holly is quite chunky !

They are very sad at the airfield. Gemma had "freedom walked" the run-way with Pam on many occasions, but, on Tuesday, she must have got onto a very tempting scent...Fortunately she was klled outright. Better that then badly injured.

Yes, I always enjoy the pictures on the page, big thanks to those who post them.
Marion

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home