Thursday, October 4, 2012

Autumn

Rosey P - your field of autumn flowers is beautiful.   I love the purples, yellows and green.   Maybe the yellow is ragweed?

Mary in Oregon - What lovely quilts.  The recipients will treasure them.

Autumn weather here, too.   There are frost warnings for Sunday night/Monday morning!  If it really happens, this will be quite early for our area.  Leaves have started turning their colors and falling.   I think the cold snap on Sunday night will really get them going.

* * *

Cleaning out continues.   Ugh.  We have lived here 18 years and stuff gets pushed to the back of drawers and cabinets, lurks, and occasionally multiplies.   Imagine my surprise when I pull something out and I cannot remember the last time I saw that item.  Well, no doubt some of you can imagine. LOL  This is almost as bad as moving.  The good part is I don't have to pack things to be carried to another house.
Rosey P - I think you completely gutted and re-did your kitchen after our Rosey's Retreat in 200?.   I think of you often, wondering how you managed with a B&B on top of it all!

2 Comments:

At October 5, 2012 at 6:59 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Canada goldenrod, Solidago canadensis

Doris, it is golden rod and it is often confused with ragweed which is what causes people to have allergies at this time of year. Golden rod or solidago is completely innocent of any allergy infractions.
It is pretty, isn't it.
Rosey

 
At October 6, 2012 at 7:10 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Doris, I meant to add that I did not gut my kitchen and for the very reason you mentioned...the B&B needed to be operational. I was only without function in the kitchen for one week and that was when the new counter and sinks went in. I worked with a cabinet maker, not a kitchen renovation place. I wanted to use as many of my old cabinets as I could because I liked the fronts of them and the ceramic knobs on the cupboard doors. The cabinet maker was able to remove all the doors, number them and then refit them into cupboards he made. I was lucky in finding my cabinet maker, there are not many around these days. Instead, companies specialize in things such as kitchens, rip everything out and start from scratch. I could not nor did I choose to do it that way. And I was sorry to see my cabinet maker leave. He was so jolly and pleasant to have around that I missed him when he left. He lives in town and I often see him at the farmer's market and may, in fact, see him today. It's Saturday at the market.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home